Insidious left-wing media? Sure there is some truth to it– much of the media still holds the mainstream, new deal, middle-class values that had been ascendant since the end of WWII. Values that had been established and fostered in order to fend off a reoccurrence of economic depression and the fascism that had torn the world apart. But the idea of a vast left-wing cabal conspiring against good old fashioned American values is of course laughable, a straw man. Then along comes this guy Trump, whom at first even the Republicans despised. But it didn’t take them long to realize the great service he could provide them. Now they are proving once again that tactically they are always at least one step ahead. So Trump throws a few strategically targeted pies at the biggest players in the media– NY Times, Wash Post, CNN, NBC etc..– knowing exactly how they would react: they would band together and retaliate in a petulant, often times petty, frenzy. Which of course they have. And Presto! yuuuge left-wing media conspiracy. Hook Line and Sinker. Now the myth has been normalized, and for those true believers who sop this stuff up, an empirically proven mortal wound. Good luck ever winning that argument at the bar again….checkmate.
“Never attempt to win by force what can be won by deception.” – Machiavelli
- "There was nowhere to go but everywhere, so just keep on rolling under the stars." — Jack Kerouac
- Murdered Panama Papers journalist's son attacks Malta's 'crooks'
- Raqqa recaptured from Islamic State by US-backed forces
- New frontier for science as astronomers witness neutron stars colliding
- UN report on Rohingya hunger is shelved at Myanmar's request
- Accused of corruption, popularity near zero – why is Brazil's president still in office?
- California wildfire death toll hits 41 as survivors face long road to recovery
- Whisper it – Greek theatre's legendary acoustics are a myth
- Wave of Taliban suicide attacks on Afghan forces kills at least 74
- Trump says he'll declare the US opioid crisis a national emergency 'next week'
- Three die as Storm Ophelia batters Ireland and Britain
- Trump and McConnell Strive for Comity Amid Rising Tensions
- On Washington: Trump and McConnell See a Way to Make Conservatives Happy
- Trump Falsely Claims Obama Didn’t Contact Families of Fallen Troops
- Feature: Rex Tillerson and the Unraveling of the State Department
- U.S.-Backed Forces Say They Captured Raqqa From ISIS
- Iraqi Troops Retake All Oil Fields Held by Kurds Since 2014
- Cleanup From California Fires Poses Environmental and Health Risks
- As Fires Move On, Wine Country Wonders Whether Immigrants Will, Too
- Harvey Weinstein’s Fall Opens the Floodgates in Hollywood
- Do We Believe Women Yet? The Battle to End Sexual Harassment
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- "On this road there are no godspoke men. They are gone and I am left and they have taken with them the world. Query: How does the never to be differ from what never was?" -- Cormac McCarthy, The Road