- "There was nowhere to go but everywhere, so just keep on rolling under the stars." — Jack Kerouac
- Defiant protesters back in Baghdad square within an hour of slaughter
- Trump impeachment inquiry: House judiciary committee releases report
- Calls grow to stop Boris Johnson with tactical voting as race tightens
- Anthony Joshua v Andy Ruiz: world heavyweight boxing rematch – live!
- ‘I will die if I have to’: hunger striker leads fight against rape crisis in India
- Revealed: how the Caribbean became a haven for Jews fleeing Nazi tyranny
- Nobel winner Peter Handke avoids genocide controversy in speech
- US citizen Xiyue Wang released from Iranian jail in prisoner swap
- North Korea says denuclearization off the table in US talks
- Pensacola: suspect watched mass shooting videos at dinner party, official says
- How to Protect Your Children From Online Sexual Predators
- Florida Shooting Updates: Gunman Showed Videos of Mass Shootings at Party
- On Military Bases, the Dangers Increasingly Come From the Inside
- Behind the Scenes of Impeachment: Crammed Offices, Late Nights, Cold Pizza
- Amid Rancor in House, It’s Quiet in the Halls of the Senate. Too Quiet.
- Judiciary Committee Report Offers Legal Rationale for Impeachment Case
- Buttigieg Struggles to Square Transparency With Nondisclosure Agreement
- As Candidates Jostle for Position, a Long Race May Become a Marathon
- Can Biology Class Reduce Racism?
- After 10 Years of Hopes and Setbacks, What Happened to the Common Core?
- Warren and Buttigieg take jabs at each other
- Trump: Giuliani will report to Justice Department, Congress on his investigations in Ukraine
- House Judiciary Committee lays out ‘constitutional grounds’ for Trump impeachment in new report
- Republicans mount ad blitz on impeachment, making some vulnerable Democrats nervous
- What happened that mattered this week in impeachment
- Do women and people of color running for president get to be as angry as Joe Biden?
- Republicans’ disdain for intellectualism was on display in Wednesday’s hearing
- Will impeachment be forgotten by November 2020? Don’t be so sure.
- Buttigieg releases ‘summary’ of his work for consulting firm McKinsey
- Nikki Haley: Mass murderer Dylann Roof ‘hijacked’ meaning of Confederate flag
Category Archives: Africa
Hmm…a 200 year old Islamic dynasty in Africa with 70 million devotees, that is worth a closer look…More>>
Kabylia is a formidable mountainous region just east of Algiers. Its isolated mountains have provided safe haven for the local Berbers for centuries making it a difficult place for foreign occupiers to fully penetrate. Its cave rich landscape provides ideal cover from which to launch a guerrilla insurgency or to hold off an advancing army… More>>
The famous Battle of Three Kings (aka Battle of Alcazar) was a hard fought affair won by the Moroccans due in large part to the military exploits of Ahmad al-Mansur. Three Kings were killed; Portugal’s Dom Sebastian, Morocco’s current ruler Abd al-Malik (al-Mansur’s brother) and deposed former ruler al-Mutawakkil (al-Mansur’s nephew who fought alongside Dom Sebastian). Ahmad al-Mansur was suddenly a national hero, the living representation of Morocco’s strength and pride. He is also believed to have been the model for Shakespeare’s prince of Morocco character in The Merchant of Venice–the work that gave us the famous line: “All that glitters is not gold.” … More>>