- "There was nowhere to go but everywhere, so just keep on rolling under the stars." — Jack Kerouac
- Israeli security forces and Palestinian worshippers clash outside al-Aqsa mosque
- Fires in southern France under control, say emergency workers
- Kashmir militant leader announced as head of new al-Qaida-linked cell
- White House defends Trump – using letter from nine-year-old boy
- Family of Swede who vanished after saving Jews sue Russian state
- Norway considers bid for 2022 Tour de France grand départ
- 'Criminal mastermind' of $4bn bitcoin laundering scheme arrested
- Pakistan police arrest 26 for allegedly ordering rape of girl
- Study finds 'systemic' abuse in New Zealand care homes
- Ohio state fair ride malfunctions, killing one and injuring seven
- Health Care Briefing: Senate Health Care Vote: Disarray Over Narrow Repeal Measure
- ‘I Am Totally Burned Out’: Patients Watch Health Care Debate With Dread
- Former Obama Aides Lead Opposition to Health Care Repeal
- Scaramucci Hints Priebus Was Behind a Leak. But There Was No Leak.
- Justice Department Says Rights Law Doesn’t Protect Gays
- Transgender People Can Still Serve for Now, U.S. Military Says
- Furious Gay Rights Advocates See Trump’s ‘True Colors’
- Right and Left React to Trump’s Transgender Ban
- Senate, Republicans, Scaramucci: Your Thursday Evening Briefing
- Asia and Australia Edition: U.S. Senate, Jerusalem, Jeff Bezos: Your Friday Briefing
- The Trump White House just went full reality TV
- Congress sends Russia sanctions bill to Trump’s desk, but it’s unclear whether he will veto it
- GOP health-care push up in the air after key senators threaten to withdraw support
- A trifecta of criticism for President Trump with this message: Change your behavior
- Anthony Scaramucci's vulgar New Yorker interview is beyond words
- To air or not to air White House press briefings? That is the question.
- Republicans are starting to draw red lines on Trump firing Sessions and Mueller
- Johnson on health care: ‘The status quo is unacceptable’
- McCain: 'Obamacare was rammed through Congress'
- Graham: ‘Skinny’ GOP health-care bill is a ‘disaster,’ ‘fraud’
- "On this road there are no godspoke men. They are gone and I am left and they have taken with them the world. Query: How does the never to be differ from what never was?" -- Cormac McCarthy, The Road
Category Archives: Film Noir
From IMDB: “Frank Johnson flees police after becoming an eyewitness to murder. He is pursued around scenic San Francisco by his wife, a reporter, the police, and… the real murderer.” Not bad. Has a 7.3 rating on IMDB.
Barbara Stanwyck is the ruthless, domineering woman married to Kirk Douglas, a sniveling alcoholic D.A., who is the only living witness to a crime comitted years earlier. Van Heflin is the childhood flame who returns to town and throws a wrench in the works. Good flick, early Kirk Douglas role.
From Internet Archive: “Harsh tale of an alienated criminal’s attempt to impersonate his psychiatrist-double. Important fatalistic noir, with classy visuals and a very fine script that features a creative doppelganger theme.” – noir expert Spencer Selby.