- "There was nowhere to go but everywhere, so just keep on rolling under the stars." — Jack Kerouac
- Arctic ice falls to record winter low after polar 'heatwaves'
- Rotavirus vaccine could save lives of almost 500,000 children a year
- Apple paid no tax in New Zealand for at least a decade, reports say
- Smartphone app could allow men to test their fertility at home
- Donald Trump Jr called 'a disgrace' for tweet goading London mayor
- Chicago girl allegedly sexually assaulted on Facebook Live as 40 watched
- South Korean ferry in which hundreds died raised after three years
- Dozens of civilians killed in US-led airstrike on Isis stronghold in Syria
- Rex Tillerson says US will set up safe zones for refugees from Isis
- House committee asks for documents on Michael Flynn's foreign contacts
- Deadly Attack Near U.K. Parliament; Car Plows Victims on Westminster Bridge
- Scenes From the London Attack
- ‘Terrorist Incident’ in London
- Donald Trump Jr. Criticizes London Mayor After Deadly Attack
- House Republicans, Deeply Divided, Face Painful Choice on Health Vote
- As Rivals Stand Silent, One Health Insurer Protests G.O.P. Plan
- London, Gorsuch, Syria: Your Wednesday Evening Briefing
- Monitoring May Have ‘Incidentally’ Picked Up Trump Aides, House Member Says
- White House Memo: Why Letting Go, for Trump, Is No Small or Simple Task
- Trump to GOP critics of health-care bill: ‘I’m gonna come after you’
- Democrats continue to press Gorsuch for answers, but Republicans’ confidence of confirmation grows
- Trump meets with Congressional Black Caucus
- What the Freedom Caucus wants in the GOP health bill, and why they aren't getting it
- Sean Spicer just shifted the White House's stance on Paul Manafort and Russia. Again.
- Pat McCrory says would-be employers think 'he's a bigot' — so Samantha Bee fixed his résumé
- Thursday's vote on the GOP Obamacare replacement bill is going to be veeeery close
- Supreme Court sets higher bar for education of students with disabilities
- Legislative rollback of Obama-era worker safety rules awaits Trump’s signature
- Hogan’s deep popularity in Md. weakens when voters consider 2018, Post poll finds
- "On this road there are no godspoke men. They are gone and I am left and they have taken with them the world. Query: How does the never to be differ from what never was?" -- Cormac McCarthy, The Road
Category Archives: Film Noir
From IMDB: “Frank Johnson flees police after becoming an eyewitness to murder. He is pursued around scenic San Francisco by his wife, a reporter, the police, and… the real murderer.” Not bad. Has a 7.3 rating on IMDB.
Barbara Stanwyck is the ruthless, domineering woman married to Kirk Douglas, a sniveling alcoholic D.A., who is the only living witness to a crime comitted years earlier. Van Heflin is the childhood flame who returns to town and throws a wrench in the works. Good flick, early Kirk Douglas role.
From Internet Archive: “Harsh tale of an alienated criminal’s attempt to impersonate his psychiatrist-double. Important fatalistic noir, with classy visuals and a very fine script that features a creative doppelganger theme.” – noir expert Spencer Selby.