- "There was nowhere to go but everywhere, so just keep on rolling under the stars." — Jack Kerouac
- Emmerson Mnangagwa sworn in as Zimbabwe's president
- South African court doubles Oscar Pistorius's prison sentence
- 'Facing disaster': children starve in siege of Syria's former breadbasket
- Ireland faces possible snap election over police scandal
- Michael Flynn breaks ties with Trump's lawyers over Russia investigation – reports
- Argentina: grief and anger after 'explosion' near missing submarine
- Saudi Arabia still blocking aid to Yemen despite pledge to lift siege
- Road to ruin: how the Mugabes' time ran out
- Hundreds of thousands of Spaniards call for ban on Franco foundation
- Autocracies breed terror in Middle East, says Qatari foreign minister
- Michael Flynn, Oscar Pistorius, Black Friday: Your Friday Briefing
- New York Today: New York Today: Finding the Perfect Tree
- A Split From Trump Indicates That Flynn Is Moving to Cooperate With Mueller
- Why Putin’s Foes Deplore U.S. Fixation on Election Meddling
- He’s a Member of Congress. The Kremlin Likes Him So Much It Gave Him a Code Name.
- Will a Corporate Tax Cut Lift Worker Pay? A Union Wants It in Writing.
- Feature: The Voices in Blue America’s Head
- Ben Shapiro, a Provocative ‘Gladiator,’ Battles to Win Young Conservatives
- Does Race Matter in America’s Most Diverse ZIP Codes?
- ‘Nothing Against You’: For a Black Man Covering Race, the Story Is Never Far From Home
- ‘Keep coming at me guys!!!’: Donald Trump Jr. meets Russia scrutiny with defiance
- Franken pledges to regain Minnesota constituents’ trust
- Flynn’s lawyer ends communications with Trump’s team
- Trump’s Thanksgiving message: ‘The enthusiasm in this country has never been higher’
- How Joe Barton's sex scandal fits into the current conversation on sex and power
- How to argue about net neutrality (and why you should)
- How to survive talking politics at Thanksgiving
- Flynn’s lawyer shuts down communications with Trump’s team, a sign he may be cooperating with Mueller probe
- Christie could be last N.J. governor caught on beach closed to the public
- Who is Joe Barton?
- "On this road there are no godspoke men. They are gone and I am left and they have taken with them the world. Query: How does the never to be differ from what never was?" -- Cormac McCarthy, The Road
Category Archives: Film Noir
From IMDB: “Frank Johnson flees police after becoming an eyewitness to murder. He is pursued around scenic San Francisco by his wife, a reporter, the police, and… the real murderer.” Not bad. Has a 7.3 rating on IMDB.
Barbara Stanwyck is the ruthless, domineering woman married to Kirk Douglas, a sniveling alcoholic D.A., who is the only living witness to a crime comitted years earlier. Van Heflin is the childhood flame who returns to town and throws a wrench in the works. Good flick, early Kirk Douglas role.
From Internet Archive: “Harsh tale of an alienated criminal’s attempt to impersonate his psychiatrist-double. Important fatalistic noir, with classy visuals and a very fine script that features a creative doppelganger theme.” – noir expert Spencer Selby.