- "There was nowhere to go but everywhere, so just keep on rolling under the stars." — Jack Kerouac
- May’s final effort to win backing falls flat as MPs reject ‘new' Brexit deal
- Don McGahn defies subpoena as Trump clash with Congress intensifies
- First images emerge from New Zealand's Pike river mine
- Belgian monks resurrect 220-year-old beer after finding recipe
- Indonesia riots: protesters clash with security forces over election result
- One in seven young Australians say rape justified if women change their mind, study finds
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez says she'd be 'hard pressed' to back Biden in primary
- Man Booker International prize: Jokha Alharthi wins for Celestial Bodies
- Louisiana senate passes anti-abortion bill in latest attack on women's rights
- Eco-friendly ending: Washington state is first to allow human composting
- Trump Administration Could Blacklist Chinese Surveillance Technology Firm
- U.S. Restrictions on Huawei Expose a High-Tech Achilles’ Heel for China
- Democratic Calls for Impeachment Inquiry Grow as Leaders Instead Vow to Toughen Tactics
- I.R.S. Memo Undercuts Mnuchin on Withholding Trump’s Tax Returns
- Albany Closes a Loophole for Trump Pardons. Next Up: His Taxes.
- John Walker Lindh, Known as the ‘American Taliban,’ Is Set to Leave Federal Prison This Week
- Deflated, Venezuela’s Opposition Considers Negotiating With Maduro
- As Some States Limit Abortion, Others Move to Protect Abortion Rights
- Google Changes Abortion Ad Policy
- Both Parents Are American. The U.S. Says Their Baby Isn’t.
- Calls for impeachment intensify in House, dividing Democrats
- Pennsylvania voters choose state Republican lawmaker to fill open House seat
- Trump administration will hire Cuccinelli for senior DHS border role
- Ben Carson misheard a housing term as ‘Oreo,’ and other tense moments at a congressional hearing
- William Barr’s revealing quote about his agenda
- So much for Robert Mueller, unplugged
- Is Nancy Pelosi’s dam on impeachment starting to break?
- Tillerson meets for seven hours with House Foreign Affairs Committee
- Rep. Don Beyer is first member of Congress from Virginia to call for impeachment
- Trump wants to kill this federal agency. Democrats blasted the idea.
Category Archives: Film Noir
From IMDB: “Frank Johnson flees police after becoming an eyewitness to murder. He is pursued around scenic San Francisco by his wife, a reporter, the police, and… the real murderer.” Not bad. Has a 7.3 rating on IMDB.
Barbara Stanwyck is the ruthless, domineering woman married to Kirk Douglas, a sniveling alcoholic D.A., who is the only living witness to a crime comitted years earlier. Van Heflin is the childhood flame who returns to town and throws a wrench in the works. Good flick, early Kirk Douglas role.
From Internet Archive: “Harsh tale of an alienated criminal’s attempt to impersonate his psychiatrist-double. Important fatalistic noir, with classy visuals and a very fine script that features a creative doppelganger theme.” – noir expert Spencer Selby.