- "There was nowhere to go but everywhere, so just keep on rolling under the stars." — Jack Kerouac
- Vladimir Putin is a bigger threat than Isis, John McCain says
- 'Bomb violence with mercy': anti-terror ad goes viral in Middle East
- Sisters of Charity give up role in Dublin maternity hospital
- Close friend of Trump investigated over alleged €170m tax evasion
- Spanish climber scales Mount Everest 'twice in a week without oxygen'
- Multinationals fobbing us off with inferior food, says Bulgarian minister
- India army chief defends soldiers who tied man to vehicle to deter protests
- Ecuador's journalists pin hope on new president after Correa's war on media
- Coral bleaching on Great Barrier Reef worse than expected, surveys show
- Zuma sidesteps no-confidence vote at turbulent ANC meeting
- Jared Kushner’s Role Is Tested as Russia Case Grows
- Reported Talks by Jared Kushner With Russia Would Be ‘Good Thing,’ Trump Official Says
- News Analysis: Melania Trump, in Supporting Role, Shows Subdued Star Power on Trip
- Critic's Notebook: Melania Trump on Display, Dressed in Ambivalence and Armor
- North Korean Tests Add Urgency for U.S. to Fix Defense Flaws
- North Korea Fires Missile That Lands in Sea Between Korea and Japan
- Sidebar: A Constitutional Puzzle: Can the President Be Indicted?
- 52 Places to Go: A Bird’s Eye View in Laikipia
- U.K. Is Investigating Missed Signals Over Manchester Bomber
- Merkel, After Discordant G-7 Meeting, Is Looking Past Trump
- As White House defends Jared Kushner, experts question his back-channel move
- Trump pays tribute to Kelly’s fallen son
- Watch Trump’s full Memorial Day speech
- In tweet, Trump recognizes Portland victims for 'standing up to hate and intolerance'
- How to survive talking politics on Memorial Day
- Trump was accused of not bothering to get a translation of his European allies' words. Fake news!
- Trump returns home from abroad — with a Twitter rant about fake news, leaks and 'the enemy'
- Trump: ‘To every Gold Star family, God is with you’
- Trump lays wreath at the Tomb of the Unknowns
- This Senate staffer could change the course of the health-care debate
- "On this road there are no godspoke men. They are gone and I am left and they have taken with them the world. Query: How does the never to be differ from what never was?" -- Cormac McCarthy, The Road
Category Archives: Film Noir
From IMDB: “Frank Johnson flees police after becoming an eyewitness to murder. He is pursued around scenic San Francisco by his wife, a reporter, the police, and… the real murderer.” Not bad. Has a 7.3 rating on IMDB.
Barbara Stanwyck is the ruthless, domineering woman married to Kirk Douglas, a sniveling alcoholic D.A., who is the only living witness to a crime comitted years earlier. Van Heflin is the childhood flame who returns to town and throws a wrench in the works. Good flick, early Kirk Douglas role.
From Internet Archive: “Harsh tale of an alienated criminal’s attempt to impersonate his psychiatrist-double. Important fatalistic noir, with classy visuals and a very fine script that features a creative doppelganger theme.” – noir expert Spencer Selby.