Insidious left-wing media? Sure there is some truth to it– much of the media still holds the mainstream, new deal, middle-class values that had been ascendant since the end of WWII. Values that had been established and fostered in order to fend off a reoccurrence of economic depression and the fascism that had torn the world apart. But the idea of a vast left-wing cabal conspiring against good old fashioned American values is of course laughable, a straw man. Then along comes this guy Trump, whom at first even the Republicans despised. But it didn’t take them long to realize the great service he could provide them. Now they are proving once again that tactically they are always at least one step ahead. So Trump throws a few strategically targeted pies at the biggest players in the media– NY Times, Wash Post, CNN, NBC etc..– knowing exactly how they would react: they would band together and retaliate in a petulant, often times petty, frenzy. Which of course they have. And Presto! yuuuge left-wing media conspiracy. Hook Line and Sinker. Now the myth has been normalized, and for those true believers who sop this stuff up, an empirically proven mortal wound. Good luck ever winning that argument at the bar again….checkmate.
“Never attempt to win by force what can be won by deception.” – Machiavelli
- "There was nowhere to go but everywhere, so just keep on rolling under the stars." — Jack Kerouac
- Government shutdown: Republicans float minor immigration deal to end 'Dreamers' deadlock
- Inequality gap widens as 42 people hold same wealth as 3.7bn poorest
- Rohingya Muslims' repatriation to Myanmar postponed
- Kabul hotel attack: guests 'sprayed with bullets as they ran'
- Drug violence blamed for Mexico's record 29,168 murders in 2017
- Fans pay tribute to Dolores O’Riordan in Limerick
- Germany's SPD gives cautious green light to Merkel coalition talks
- Turkey starts ground incursion into Kurdish-controlled Afrin in Syria
- Italians asked to report fake news to police in run-up to election
- US government shutdown: anniversary of Trump inauguration marred by chaos
- Government Shutdown, Amazon Go, N.F.L.: Your Monday Briefing
- New York Today: New York Today: The Art of the Restaurant Review
- Government Shutdown Goes Into Monday as Senate Inches Toward Deal
- A President Not Sure of What He Wants Complicates the Shutdown Impasse
- Here Are the Senators Trying to Find a Bipartisan Solution to the Government Shutdown
- Tiny, Wealthy Qatar Goes Its Own Way, and Pays for It
- Venezuela’s Most-Wanted Rebel Shared His Story, Just Before Death
- After #OscarsSoWhite, Hispanics Seek Their Hollywood Moment
- SAG Awards 2018: ‘Three Billboards’ Triumphs; #MeToo Gets Stage Time
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- "On this road there are no godspoke men. They are gone and I am left and they have taken with them the world. Query: How does the never to be differ from what never was?" -- Cormac McCarthy, The Road